The one of the most important natural resources in the Municipality of Prijedor is the mineral resource. Iron founding represents the most significant potential in Republic of Srpska, as well as whole Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Metal-genetic area of Ljubija covers the area of 1200 km2, the northwestern part Republic of Srpska with numerous founding of metallic, nonmetallic mineral and energy resources. Especially significant are founding of iron, metallurgical raw materials, mineral pigments, then smaller founding of barite, fluorite, plaster, limestone, dolomite, clay (kaolin, concrete, or clay brick), sand, coal, etc.
Great potential when it comes to natural resources are forests. In the area of Prijedor municipality 29380.20 hectares are covered with forest, 12 362.80 hectares privately owned and the rest 17 017.40 hectares owned by state.
Water potential is currently under-exploited. There are 4 sources per square kilometer at Kozara hydrographic area, 7 sources of clean drinking water per square kilometer at Mrakovica hydrographic area. Hydrographic area makes 2.152.3 ha or 2.47% of the total area of the Prijedor municipality including rivers, creeks, ponds, artificial and natural lakes. Basic hydrographic feature of Prijedor gives Sana river with its tributaries.
The Municipality of Prijedor has area of 83406.60 hectares, 44740.20 hectares are suitable for agriculture (private and public sector).
Around 37333.40 hectares of the most fertile land make fields and gardens, while the meadows, orchards and vineyards cover an area of 7149.40 hectares (2404.20 ha of fruit orchards, 4740.20 ha of meadows, 5 ha of vineyards). The pasture area is 4263 ha, 1300 ha of fish ponds, and 3974.60 ha of total land area falls in the wastelands. About 13,000 householders are involved in agricultural production, representing about 50% of the total population. Area of Prijedor municipality is favorable for fruit production. Farming in the area of Prijedor municipality has characteristic of individual production.
Kozara mountain has a great potential with its national park, varied and diverse flora and fauna with characteristics of air spa, is very suitable for the development of various aspects of tourism.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Prijedor has a reputation of open and welcoming city. A larger number of satisfied visitors who are coming back every year is a result of town warm and friendly environment.
Numerous activities and events held throughout the year leave the possibility that each one of them find something interesting and enjoy in something they love.
A large number of cultural, sports, entertainment and other events are offered to the citizens of Prijedor. Cherishing traditions and cultural - historical heritage, then the work of cultural - artistic associations, theater, museum, cultural events, artistic amateurism and other forms of related activities, confirming that the Prijedor has a rich and meaningful cultural life.
Cultural institutions responsible for cultural development in the Municipality of Prijedor are: Kozara Museum, National Library "Ćirilo i Metodije", the City Theatre, "Gallery '96", as wel as artistic associations in the Municipality of Prijedor: the most known folk dancing club "Mladen Stojanovic, folk dancing clubs "Osman Džafić," "Kozara" and others.
Also, the quality of life affects developed NGO sector, and the existence of numerous minority associations: Association of Ukrainians "Kozak", Association of Slovenians "Lipa", the Association of Czechs "Ceska beseda", The Association of Romas , etc.
Some of the most important and most popular manifestations are:
- International Festival of Choirs "Zlatna Vila"
- "Dani zime“, manifestation on Kozara mountain that celebrate winter season
- Tennis competition "Dr. Mladen Stojanovic"
- Literary encounters at Kozara
- Art Colony "Sreten Stojanovic"
- „Zlatne ruke Potkozarja“, exibit of handicrafts specific for area of Potkozarje
- „Petrovdanski Kup“, International parachute competition
- International street race and others.
Sport takes a very important place in everyday life of Prijedor citizens. Many sports professionals give immeasurable stamp to Prijedor sport and the city itself. Worldwide, a large number of athletes from Prijedor gave outstanding contribution in almost all branches of sport.
In the town of Prijedor and the surrounding area exists more than 50 sport clubs, 39 sports clubs and sports associations are supported by local budget. Some of the most successful sports clubs are football club "Rudar-Prijedor," Tennis Club "Dr. Mladen Stojanovic," women handball club "Mira," handball club "Prijedor", table tennis club "Prijedor", athletic club "Prijedor", basketball club "Mladost", etc .
Prijedor has all necessary sport infrastructure for professional and recreational purposes.
The rights and obligations of foreign entities.
A foreign investors are equal in their rights and obligations with citizens of BiH.
A foreign investors are entitled at additional warranties that are not given to domestic entities. The Constitution of Republic of Srpska makes sure that the rights of the investors will not be decreased by specific law or regulation after completion of the investment, ensures unhindered repatriation of profits from the land of the free repatriation of capital by investing termination.
Foreign investment is regulated in accordance with the laws of the entity and state level.
Foreign investments in the Republic of Srpska are regulated by:
- Law on Foreign Direct Investment in Bosnia and Herzegovina ("Official Gazette" No. 17/98 and 13/03);
- Law on Foreign Investment ("Official Gazette of RS", No. 25/02 24/04);
The texts of these and others regulations related to the business, are published on the web sites of the following institutions and Agency for the promotion of foreign investment - FIPA:
Modes of foreign investment entities
The ways in which foreigners may invest capital in the Republic of Srpska as follows:
- Establishing a legal entity entirely owned by a foreign person (Decision on the Establishment)
- Establishing a legal entity in the joint ownership of domestic and foreign investors (partnership)
- Investment in an existing legal entity
- Investing in a bank or insurance
- Opening of the actions or activities as self-employed individual (entrepreneur)
- Special forms of investment:
1. Obtain a concession for the exploitation of natural resources, goods in general use and performance of activities of general interest for the Republic of Srpska
2. Participate in activities B.O.T. (Build - Operate - Transfer) and BOOT (Build - Own - Operate - Transfer).
In accordance with the Law on Companies of the RS ("Official Gazette of RS", no. 127/08, 58/09 and 100/11) in the Republic of Srpska can establish:
- A partnership
- Limited Partnership
- The stock company
- Limited Liability Company
ALL INFORMATIONS IN ONE PLACE
Info Centre for Investors (IC) is located within the Agency's "PREDA-PD" since 2006., and was founded to provide all relevant information to potential investors in one place, and act as a utility service.
The main tasks of the Info Centre for investors are reflected in the following activities:
- Promotion of the Municipality of Prijedor and its potential as a favorable place for investment, business and life in general (territorial marketing, preparation of promotional materials, direct marketing, visits to commercial and investment fairs, etc.),
- Cooperation with potential investors and existing entrepreneurs to inform about business conditions, investment potential, the current support programs and stimulations at local, national and entity level
- Identifying the needs of the local economy and support in solving administrative and other problems, in order to increase competitiveness and encourage the development of the existing economy.
The experiences of IC through existing activities can greatly influence the reduction waste of time and find adequate information in the process of business registration, obtaining licenses, enforcement procedures and other activities in the investment process.
The IC is available to all potential investors and existing economic entities in order to engage or facilitate their business.
A proactive approach and partnership based on trust and common interests, is a fundamental commitment to the IC staff, but also the commitment of all employees in the Agency "PREDA-PD".
For any additional information about the Information Center for Investors and its activities is available at:
T :: +387 52 24 04 10
E :: firstname.lastname@example.org